Manager Naval Sales Support
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only designer, builder and maintainer of complex naval vessels in the Netherlands. It has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Manager Naval Sales Support at Damen Naval you are accountable for the execution of the company sales support strategy in the assigned area or assigned projects. This means maintenance of long-term profitable relationships with international navy customers and other government and law enforcement customers. You will be accountable for high quality support to the Damen sales organization of all the Defence and Security products and services of the company, and you will build and sustain good relationships between Damen Naval and their clients.
As Manager Naval Sales Support you will work in the Sales Support Department and report directly to the Director Naval Sales Support and functionally to the Director Sales and Area Sales Manager.
As Manager Naval Sales Support you will:
- Represent and maintain a naval conceptual and operational knowledge base within Damen Naval and the Damen Shipyards Group.
- Contribute to the development of the company sales support strategy.
- Execute naval and defense and security sales support plans for assigned areas that reflects the longer-term company objectives and priorities.
- Identify and explore business opportunities within assigned areas in close collaboration with the Damen sales organization.
- Be responsible for sales support administration and execute realistic forecasts for each product and area including realistic costs of sales support and sales promotion programmes.
- Liaise between customers and internal Damen cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of company products and services.
- Operate the lead point of contact in the company for all matters to potential and existing international customers.
- Facilitate proposal processes between potential customers and internal sales organization.
- Be responsible for liaising with Marketing and Communication for executing all aspects of internal and external publicity, campaigns and PR activities.
- Represent the company towards customers and professionals.
As Manager Naval Sales Support you need to have:
- Master degree in a management or relevant technical discipline.
- Proven track record of success in a senior operational position within the Royal Netherlands Navy.
- Experience with naval shipbuilding industry, defense industry and markets, financial and sales management and set-up and manage government related contracts.
- Experience in complex sales related positions in the naval or defence market.
- Well-developed negotiation skills and assertiveness in combination with a well-structured and hands-on mentality.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Competences: customer and results orientation, teamwork, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, entrepreneurship, negotiating, networking, market orientation, planning and organizing and behavioural flexibility.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events and sports.
Are you interested in the position of Manager Naval Sales Support, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.