Manager Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) (Proj...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Manager OHS / AUE who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for a period of eighteen months.
As Manager OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) / AUE (Arbeitssicherheit/Umweltschutz/Ergonomie) you will play a key role to ensure safe and sustainable designs for the vessels and related facilities at Damen Naval. You will oversee technical activities, including Hazard Assessment and Environmental Impact Analysis, throughout the project lifecycle. You will also work with a dedicated team to ensure compliance with project requirements, from procurement to acceptance of the client. As Manager OHS / AUE you will focus on preventing hazards, ensuring safety, and meeting client acceptance criteria by incorporating safety measures with subcontractors and conducting thorough Hazard Assessments.
As Manager OHS / AUE (Project Based) your key responsibilities will include:
- Organize, guide, support, and coach the team.
- Oversee main milestones and deadlines, ensuring projects stay within budget and planning.
- Secure planning, execution, and synchronization of project activities with subcontractors.
- Continuously improve processes for higher efficiency.
- Ensure seamless communication with the team and all stakeholders.
- Strive for zero-hazards throughout the project.
- Support the team in approval processes with the client.
- Ensure full compliance with applicable requirements and specifications and supervise all applicable Hazard Assessments and environmental impact analyses.
- Liaise with and manage stakeholders, particularly the client.
- Organize and participate in project reviews with relevant parties.
To excel as the Manager OHS / AUE (Project Based), you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree and experience in hands-on acting with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, and project & program managers in a larger scale project, preferably (naval) shipbuilding.
- Hands-on experience in subcontract management gained in complex project environments is a plus.
- Experience in hazard assessments and environmental impact analyses preferably related to German regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Good command of the Dutch, German & English language (written & verbal).
- Experience with computer applications (Microsoft Office, SAP, IBM DOORS, 3DX).
- Ability to travel and work abroad.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1