Manufacturing Strategy Engineer
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500 professionals in our locations In Schiedam and Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Manufacturing Strategy Engineer you are responsible for the complete strategic plan on how to build our products at the shipyards of our client’s choice. Within his role, the Manufacturing Strategy Engineer focuses on the Industrial Engineering aspects of the proposal at hand.
As Manufacturing Strategy Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as point of contact for operations to the Product & Proposal department.
- Coordinating the delivery of documents from Manufacturing Engineering to the Product & Proposal department.
- Determines the master building schedule for the proposal at hand and the building strategy.
- Determines budgets for Manufacturing Engineering and Production department.
- Performs yard surveys as requested by the Product & Proposal department.
- Determines and negotiates the demarcation for the building yard.
- Draws up information sharing plan with building yard as part of the demarcation.
- Draws up Draft Test, Inspection Plan, Draft Cable Pulling Strategy and Building Sequence.
- Distributes quarterly the resource report for the operational departments to line management and MT.
- Initiates and develops innovative production processes and techniques.
- Draws up investment plans and business cases for new production processes and techniques.
As Manufacturing Strategy Engineer, you need to have:
- Bachelor or master degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- At least five years’ experience in management, budgeting & planning within the manufacturing industry preferably in shipbuilding or vessel repair industry.
- Able to envision the production process of complex ships at unknown yards.
- Excellent knowledge of project management or industrial engineering processes.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the project).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Manufacturing Strategy Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.