Naval Architect - Environmental (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this Interim position, Damen Naval is looking for a Naval Architect - Environmental who can start on a temporary basis for the period of two years. As the Aspect Owner of Environmental Conditions, you will be instrumental in shaping, implementing, and enhancing environmental requirements during the engineering phase of a significant frigate project. These environmental requirements include extreme internal/external temperatures, humidity, green water, local accelerations, and ship angles as applicable to all systems and equipment onboard.
As a Naval Architect - Environmental your key responsibilities will include:
- Crafting an Aspect Management Plan (AMP) to clarify our approach to environmental considerations throughout the engineering process and up to final acceptance trials.
- Formulating a proposal for a database that systematically checks items for their environmental attributes and compliance.
- Facilitating discussions with client representatives to review the AMP, database proposal, and initial indications of deviations.
- Finalizing a cold weather concept.
- Initiating the collection of environmental data from suppliers, comparing them with the client's standards, and cataloging all deviations.
- Regularly submitting the Aspect Analysis Report (AAR) containing the list of deviations and non-conformities to the client
As Naval Architect - Environmental you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience as a Naval Architect with a focus on environmental or comparable.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, and familiarity with German (at least reading).
- Competencies: a practical and organized attitude, effective communication, and persuasive skills.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1