Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Engineer (Pro...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Manager OHS / AUE who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for a period of eighteen months.
As Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Engineer you will be involved in the technical and process activities, ensuring timely delivery of OHS requirements and providing vital support to project teams. Your specialized knowledge and support in occupational health and safety are crucial for engineers, subcontractors, and project partners, ensuring adherence to OHS contract requirements between Damen Naval and our client. As OHS Engineer you provide guidance on mitigating risks, actively engage in (design) reviews, offer support throughout production, testing, and trials, and lead follow-up efforts in case of deviations, including coordination with (key) suppliers.
Be a part of our team to ensure occupational health and safety excellence throughout the project lifecycle!
As Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Engineer (Project Based) your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting assessments of hazard analysis, potential safety issues, and maintaining a hazard log.
- Monitoring and reporting progress of outsourced hazard assessments, ensuring compliance with safety regulations, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Coordinating, analyzing, and collecting data from subcontractors and stakeholders, evaluating existing safety protocols, and identifying areas for enhancement.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress, including third-party performance, and intervening when needed.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the client.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to implement effective safety measures into project, design, and execution phases.
- Analyzing processes, equipment, and facilities to assess risks and recommend corrective actions.
- Identifying and analyzing chemical, biological, ergonomic, and physical hazards in the workplace.
- Staying updated on changes in occupational health and safety laws and regulations and proactively adapting accordingly.
- Coordinating and aligning internal stakeholders and ensuring proper integration with subcontractors regarding the outsourced scope, such as Hazard Assessment and Environmental Impact Analyses.
- Coordinating and facilitating subcontractor (suppliers) contribution to the project during acquisition, preparation, and execution phases.
To excel as the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Engineer (Project Based), you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree (HBO) in occupational health and safety or a related field (in Dutch: ARBO).
- Proficient knowledge of occupational health and safety laws, regulations, and standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify hazards, assess risks, and develop effective control measures.
- Experience as an occupational health and safety specialist, preferably within a complex technical enviroment.
- Experience in conducting workplace inspections, hazard assessments, and incident investigations.
- Proficiency in Dutch, German, and English languages (written and verbal).
- Certification in relevant occupational health and safety standards (e.g., NEBOSH, ISO 45001) is a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel and work abroad.
- Experience with computer applications such as MsOffice, SAP, IBM DOORS, 3DX, etc.Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Working from home policy and other benefits.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1