Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
Works on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Outfitting, where outfitting includes the accommodation and all technical spaces excluding engine rooms. Works, in a basic engineering team of several outfitting engineers, main activities arrangements. Or during detailed engineering in a multi-disciplinary team, main activities fabrication/mounting information. Implements technical knowledge and practical experience, such as maintainability, producibility, ergonomics.
- Contributes to the engineering process by developing the required information, such as arrangements, lists and fabrication/mounting drawings.
- Executes the engineering outfitting activities with the 2D and 3D CAD tools.
- Ensures compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Contributes to the further development of the N&S Engineering department.
- Develop and describe yard standards.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Professional education on intermediate level: related to the outfitting discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the engineering of Outfitting systems.
- Knowledge of 2D CAD (Microstation) and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or Catia.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of outfitting systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Experienced with Class- and Statutory regulations.
- Good command of the English language (written & verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Esther van Oorschot
+31 118 485000