Project Management Support Officer
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Project Management Support Officer you will be assigned to a project team within the project. You support the project manager and the team with project control and communication tasks, to enable the smooth running of the project. Additionally, as Project Management Support Officer you attend meetings with the customer, partners, and suppliers where you will act as customer liaison for the project. As the communication with the customer is in German on this project, mastery of the German language is of key importance.
As Project Management Support Officer your tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Actively support project management in running the project effectively.
- Communicate directly with the customer on practical project management issues, e.g. on action items, minutes, meeting planning etc.
- Organize activities and meetings, both internally and externally and driving the execution of follow-up activities in the technical domain of combat systems integration.
- Coordinate meetings with external parties (create agenda, ask participants for participation and contributions, invite participants, reserve space, send documents and/or distribute internally, write, and complete protocols and send to customer) in cooperation with the project secretariat.
- Prepare presentations from input and existing information available.
- Manage formal correspondence with customer and suppliers and ensure the consistency of information is accurately captured in the project information management tool.
- Monitor the action items and chase internally for timely completion, including distribution of action item answers from the customer.
- Manage document handling activities in close cooperation with project engineers, specialists and project management as well as the central document management team, in line with the governing security and export compliance regulations for the project.
- Perform general, project related support tasks, such as: checking presentations (German spelling and grammar, formatting, and content), keeping organization chart up to date, drafting internal communications as well as helping colleagues with occasional translations and understanding of customer questions or answers.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and ways of working, aiming for greater effectivity and efficiency.
Your tasks and responsibilities may evolve over the course of the project in line with changing needs and personal ambitions.
As Project Management Support Officer you need to have / be:
- Native German speaker with a fluent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Master’s degree with preferably a maritime or technical specialization.
- Characteristics: good interpersonal and professional communication skills, pro-active mindset, able to work autonomously in a supporting role, structured worker with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Able and willing to work fulltime based in Vlissingen, the Netherlands.
- Flexibility to travel to customer and supplier locations in the Netherlands and Germany.
- Working or apprenticeship experience in a project environment as well as experience in the maritime industry are preferred, or a strong motivation to develop in this sector and be part of an international working environment.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of customers and projects
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Project Management Support Officer, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.