Project Manager Engineering / Senior Naval Archite...
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our locations in Schiedam, Vlissingen and Hamburg. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
The Project Manager Engineering / Senior Naval Architect provides overall leadership for built-up and implementation of the project engineering team. Is responsible for the execution of the engineering of new built (naval) ships or refit project(s) from effective date of contract (EDC), which includes all engineering activities needed to finalize projects within project scope, quality standards, budget, and timelines. The Project Manager Engineering will be accountable for ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the customer.
As Project Manager Engineering / Senior Naval Architect you will:
- Responsible for the execution of an engineering project from effective date of contract (EDC), including all engineering activities needed to finalize projects within project scope, budget, and timelines.
- Developing and executing an engineering project plan and monitor progress against operational targets with respect to cost, quality & timelines, reports on regular basis to the project director.
- Responsible for development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the engineering project organization achieve project objectives.
- Accountable for the engineering part of commissioning, trials, testing and delivery of the vessel to the client and classification society, this includes Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Harbour Acceptance Tests (HAT) & Sea Acceptance Tests (SAT).
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance (including HSEQ) are understood and owned by the project team members.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the customer.
- Managing the engineering part of the project including external flexible human resource planning and assure the project team can be manned with the required capabilities.
- Representing the company to customers and related professional associations.
As Project Manager Engineering / Senior Naval Architect you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in naval architecture or other relevant discipline, supplemented with IPMA B/C certification is an advantage.
- Extensive working in complex project environments in the engineering of one-off complex defence and security vessels at international multi-site manufacturing yard environments.
- Experience in building coalitions, internally and with other (inter)national Damen entities and/or external suppliers to achieve common goals.
- Experience with and knowledge of management principles and techniques.
- Fluent German and good command of English language (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel long distances and work abroad.
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, leadership, coaching, planning, and organizing, management control, decisiveness, oral communication, and initiative.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship is required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Project Manager Engineering / Senior Naval Architect and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.