Project Manager Manufacturing Engineering
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Project Manager Manufacturing Engineering, you will plan, design, steer and innovate manufacturing processes of the whole project of shipbuilding. You will do this by maximizing efficiency by analysing layout of workstreams, (special) equipment, workflow, assembly methods and work force utilization. You will determine parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals and plan, design, set up, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing processes.
As Project Manager Manufacturing Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the entire manufacturing engineering process of yard own work (Structural, Piping, Outfitting, Mechanical and special activities during shipbuilding processes).
- Leading the team of Manufacturing Engineers, dedicated to the project.
- Providing innovative solutions for all processes during shipbuilding and evaluate technical specifications of subcontracted work.
- Providing structure to the subcontractors and manufacturing process and improve efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space and tool requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality and provides manufacturing decision-making.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
As Project Manager Manufacturing Engineering, you need to have:
- Post-secondary vocational education (MBO) or higher professional education (HBO) preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- At least three years’ experience in a machining or production environment preferably in shipbuilding.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing or industrial process design, engineering techniques and all phases of project management.
- Able to motivate personnel and drive performance with respect for the relationship.
- Excellent personal time management skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities with possible conflicting deadlines.
- Preferably familiar with CAD systems, such as 3DX- Catia and Delmia.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the project).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Project Manager Manufacturing Engineering and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via career.damen.com, using the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered