Project Manager Tailoring Standards
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 145 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known worldwide for its quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and commercial sector.
Over the decades the emphasis on quality continued and in 2001 Damen Shipyards Group acquired Royal Schelde along with all of its subsidiaries. Following the acquisition, Damen then introduced its unique, standardised modular construction concept in Vlissingen too, allowing us to offer very fast delivery times.
We have delivered more than 420 vessels since 1875 to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. We have achieved this status by producing vessels that have a lifespan that far exceeds the average by offering cutting-edge technology and the most cost efficient design solutions.
For the MKS180 frigate project of the German Navy, DSNS shall tailor the Standards and Norms to their applicability in the project. Reference is given by the Client requirements and the Building Specification. Tailoring shall be done in close cooperation with the technical specialists in the Engineering department, the suppliers and subcontractors. The tailoring proposals shall be presented to and agreed with the Client representatives in Germany. Finally yards standards shall be made/updated and made available to the (German) Building Yard(s)
You will be responsible for the coordination of the standards tailoring process and report to the Project Manager Engineering. You will take the lead in the discussions with the Client
- Tailoring of (German) standards/norms in relation to the Client requirements and Specification
- Review of standards/norms in relation to the existing (Damen) yard standards for naval vessels
- Preparation of a database of agreed standards and norms
- Seek agreement with the building yards in Germany
- Screening of new standards and define impact on the project
- Team lead of the standardization team
- Coordination with the Client on standards/norms
- Coordination with Building Yard(s), suppliers, subcontractors
- Preparation of outsourced work packages to external parties
- Coordination of subcontracted packages
- Progress reporting of the team
- Technical affinity with ship systems, to be able to analyse them in collaboration with the various technical experts;
- You have affinity with technical standards and norms
- You are analytic and structured
- A technical education at BSc level,
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Good knowledge of German and English, both verbally and in writing;
- Prepared to travel within the Netherlands and Germany;
- European passport for security clearance
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefits;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.