Proposal Engineer Naval Systems
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500 professionals in our locations In Schiedam and Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Proposal Engineer Naval Systems, you are responsible for the preparation of commercial and technical proposals for international and national governmental end customers. You will work in a multi-disciplinary proposal team and guide and coordinate the technical and commercial activities for new ship designs, maintenance or refits in sensor, weapons, command and control systems. This will result into an integration of systems into a naval combat suite and winning proposals within planning and budgets. As Proposal Engineer Naval Systems, you will work under the guidance of a proposal manager.
As Proposal Engineer Naval Systems, you will:
- Manage and prepare a naval combat suite proposal in line with customer expectations, on time and within budget.
- Deliver a capacity planning, including required internal hours and costs before executing a proposal response.
- Ensure that customer requirements are translated into a workable, well-balanced and optimized design and/or support solution.
- Provide coordination to design engineers and other team members in the proposal process.
- Prepare all required design documents, calculations, drawings and other relevant documents.
- Coordinate and provide an adequate and correct technical definition and a specification consistent with the estimated cost and master planning.
- Support the preparation of different plans as required in the proposal ensuring their consistency, which includes: Master Planning, Building Strategy and Management Plans.
- Consult other departments for information, alignment and optimal project results.
- Support and revise the cost calculation ensuring accuracy, completeness and adequate reflection of the technical specification and planned project execution.
- Provide support in discussions with customers on design, solutions, specifications and other relevant support.
As Proposal Engineer Naval Systems, you need to have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical, Engineering, Information Technology or another relevant field.
- Experience in coordinating a commercial proposal and design process and working with engineering.
- Preferably experience or affinity with the design, manufacture or management of complex (naval combat) systems.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal) is essential; ideally you have also Dutch and/or German language skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally for short periods.
We highly value our employees and will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Proposal Engineer Naval Systems and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via career.damen.com, using the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.