Quality Control Officer
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Quality Control Officer you are responsible for an independent control of components and assemblies during the shipbuilding process. You will be also responsible for checking installations for quality and/or functioning and evaluating and reporting all the findings accordingly.
As Quality Control Officer you will:
- Organizing inspections according to the inspection plan and executes these.
- Inviting customers, class and subcontractors to inspections and operates as a contact person for these inspections.
- Performing independent analyses in relation to the delivered quality and provides and distributes various reports.
- Making use of the application ‘In2CRM’ and supports others in this.
- Evaluating quality of steel construction, small ironwork and construction fitting.
- Evaluating quality of outfitting and different compartments during final phase of shipbuilding.
- Recognizing when you need to enable a specialist from a certain discipline at inspections.
- Ensuring all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
As Quality Control Officer you will need to have the following profile:
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO) in Mechanical Engineering or Shipbuilding.
- Minimum of ten years experience of quality control in shipbuilding or steel production environment.
- VCA-VOL certificate and hydraulics, pneumatics, and / or other specialized courses.
- Knowledge of and experience with CRM reporting systems and HSEQ procedures, and protocols.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Quality Control Officer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.