Quality Engineer (F126)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As Quality Engineer (F126) you will support the implementation, embedding, monitoring and maintenance of the quality management plan at Damen Naval.
As Quality Engineer (F126) you will:
- Support the project organisation to ensure the organisation meets all (contractual) project quality requirements.
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting activities in accordance with applicable ISO standards (i.e. 9001, 14001 & 45001) and relevant NATO AQAP standards (i.e. 2105, 2110, 2210 & 2310).
- Implement and maintain the project supplier quality management plan, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, to ensure legislative and project requirements are in place.
- Determine quality requirements for suppliers assess compliance thereto.
- Monitor supplier quality issue investigations and drive follow ups.
- Develop and deliver staff instructions, training and briefings as identified by planned works, current best practices and changes in legislation.
- Evaluate the quality management system on effectiveness and when needed formulate recommendations of improvement.
As Quality Engineer (F126) you need to have:
- Bachelor degree in (Technical) Business Administration or other relevant study at bachelor level.
- Good understanding of wider HSSEQ principles and techniques.
- Proven experience with Quality Management, preferably in the naval or defence industry or major manufacturing industry, e.g. automotive or aerospace.
- Experience with supplier quality management and with hands-on developing and strengthen organizational management system(s) and relevant team(s).
- Good command of the German & English language (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa are both required to be considered as a viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Quality Engineer (F126) and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.