Quality Manager F126
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Quality Manager F126, you will be responsible for the implementation, embedding, monitoring and maintenance of the quality management plan of the F126 project.
As Quality Manager you will:
- Perform interface between project organization and client to ensure the organisation meets all contractual project HSSEQ requirements.
- Maintain project quality management plan, which includes all processes, procedures, risk assessments, method statements and documents.
- Be responsible for accreditations, including monitoring and reporting activities in accordance with applicable ISO standards (i.e., 9001, 14001 & 45001) and relevant NATO AQAP standards (i.e., 2105, 2110, 2210 & 2310).
- Coordinate project internal quality audit processes to ensure legislative and project requirements are in place.
- Manage and coordinate third parties during external quality audit processes.
- Develop and deliver staff instructions, training and briefings as identified by planned works, current best practice, and changes in legislation.
- Monitor all incidents and accident investigations and drive follow ups.
- Develop, implement, and maintain obsolescence management system
- Be the key point of contact for risk (mitigation) reporting to the project director and relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the risk manager in performing risk assessments, monitoring, and reporting.
- Evaluate the quality management system on effectiveness and formulate improvement recommendations when needed.
As Quality Manager F126, you need to have:
- Bachelor degree in Technical Business Administration or other relevant study.
- Minimum of five years experience in quality management gained preferably in related naval, defence heavy equipment construction industry and understanding of wider HSSEQ principles and techniques.
- Experience with developing and strengthen organizational management systems, relevant team(s).
- Experience coordinating and directing quality projects and programs.
- Good command of German and English language written & verbal.
- Ability to frequently travel and work in Germany.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Quality Manager F126, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship and valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.