Risk Manager (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim position, Damen Naval is looking for a Risk Manager who can start on a temporary basis for the period of five years. As Risk Manager at Damen Naval, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful delivery of big and complex shipbuilding projects. You will develop long-term risk-mitigation strategies, action plans, and contingency interventions. These plans stem from your rigorous and continuous analysis, identification and classification of potential risks which could affect the ship-building process. Given the international dependencies and length of these naval shipbuilding projects, your scope includes long-term and geo-political circumstances from a technical, financial, operational origin. You assess the severity and impact of all risks identified and log them in a comprehensive, risk register, compliant to legislation and standards. By presenting your findings to the involved stakeholder, you create awareness of these potential risks and their implication, fostering a culture of safety and environmental responsibility.
As a Risk Manager (Interim) your key responsibilities will include:
- Identify and document potential risks affecting shipbuilding projects, covering technical, financial, operational, and geopolitical aspects.
- Prioritize critical risks through qualitative and quantitative analysis, focusing on their impact and likelihood.
- Develop long-term risk mitigation strategies to integrate risk management into Damen Naval's operations.
- Continuously monitor project risks, tracking changes and emerging threats to project success.
- Present regular risk reports to stakeholders, highlighting status and mitigation progress.
- Maintain a comprehensive risk register detailing assessments and mitigation plans.
- Review and assess contract terms, ensuring equitable risk allocation in compliance with Damen Naval's risk tolerance.
- Manage financial risks related to project budgets and implement strategies to minimize financial impact.
- Ensure projects adhere to legal and regulatory requirements, minimizing legal and compliance-related risks.
- Prioritize safety and environmental risk management to protect personnel and minimize environmental impact.
- Assess and manage risks associated with suppliers and vendors, including supply chain disruptions.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of lessons learned from risk events to improve future risk management practices.
- Contribute to the evaluation and continuous improvement of departmental processes.
As a Risk Manager (Interim), you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- 3+ years of experience as a Risk Manager within the manufacturing industry ((naval) shipbuilding preferred).
- Solid experience with identifying risks and assessing the severity according to a standard ISO 31000
- Experience working in complex and ambiguous project environment comprised of international stakeholders.
- Technical Bachelor or Master degree in Shipbuilding, Technical Engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of industrial engineering principles and techniques in offshore/maritime industry ((naval) shipbuilding preferred).
- Proficient in English, and preferably Dutch, both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1