Safety Engineer Parttime (Project Based)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Safety Engineer who can start on short notice for one day per week on a temporary basis for the duration of eighteen months. As Safety Engineer you are part of the design control team within the project. You will have the responsibility for performing safety analyses. As Safety Engineer you are responsible for documenting the results of safety risk analysis in the hazard log and provide system safety reviews of safety-related documentation received by subcontractors. You will also interact with engineers of various systems, and you will compile safety cases for these systems.
As Safety Engineer (Project Based) you will:
- Document identified hazards in a structured and traceable manner.
- Evaluate risks in accordance with an established risk matrix.
- Provide support to engineers to ensure that derived safety requirements are considered in the design of subsystems.
- Review safety documentation developed by subcontractors.
- Review system descriptions developed by internal engineering teams.
- Deliver status reports to the Team Lead Design Control.
As Safety Engineer (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor degree preferred in Mechanical, Electrical, or other relevant technical study.
- Knowledge of functional safety philosophies according to safety standards such as IEC 61508 and ISO 12100.
- General knowledge of risk management of technical system performance is mandatory.
- Good command of the English language both written & verbal.
- Experience with computer applications like Ms Office, IBM DOORS, PDM system is preferred.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Working from home policy and other benefits.
Are you interested in the position of Safety Engineer (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.