Safety Engineer Parttime (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Safety Engineer who can start on a temporary basis for the period of 18 months. As Safety Engineer you are part of the design control team within the project. You will have the responsibility for performing safety analyses. As Safety Engineer you are responsible for documenting the results of safety risk analysis in the hazard log and provide system safety reviews of safety-related documentation received by subcontractors. You will also interact with engineers of various systems, and you will compile safety cases for these systems.
As a Safety Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Document identified hazards in a structured and traceable manner.
- Evaluate risks in accordance with an established risk matrix.
- Provide support to engineers to ensure that derived safety requirements are considered in the design of subsystems.
- Review safety documentation developed by subcontractors.
- Review system descriptions developed by internal engineering teams.
- Deliver status reports to the Team Lead Design Control.
As a Safety Engineer you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor degree preferred in Mechanical, Electrical, or other relevant technical study.
- Knowledge of functional safety philosophies according to safety standards such as IEC 61508 and ISO 12100.
- General knowledge of risk management of technical system performance is mandatory.
- Good command of the English language both written & verbal.
- Experience with computer applications like Ms Office, IBM DOORS, PDM system is preferred.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1