Safety Engineer (Project Based) (Schiedam)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Safety Engineer who can start after the summer on a temporary basis for the duration of 18 months. As Safety Engineer you are part of the system safety team within the project. The System Safety Manager manage this small team. You will have the responsibility for a certain part of the performing functional safety analyses. As Safety Engineer you are responsible for documenting the results of safety risk analysis in the hazard log tool and provide system safety reviews of safety-related documentation received by subcontractors. You will also interact with engineers of various systems, and you will compile safety cases for these systems.
As Safety Engineer (Project Based) you will;:
- Document identified hazards in a structured and traceable manner.
- Evaluate risks in accordance with an established risk matrix
- Provide support to engineers to ensure that derived safety requirements are considered in the design of subsystems.
- Review safety documentation developed by the safety team.
- Review system descriptions developed by internal engineering teams.
- Deliver status reports to the System Safety manager.
As Safety Engineer (Project Based) you will need to have:
- Bachelor degree preferred in Electrical Engineering and/or Automation or other relevant technical study.
- Knowledge of functional safety philosophies according to safety standards such as IEC 61508, MIL-Std-882E and Machine Directive.
- General knowledge of risk management of technical system performance is mandatory.
- Good command of the Dutch, German and English language (written & verbal);
- Experience with computer applications like Ms Office, IBM DOORS, PDM system is preferred
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Safety Engineer (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.