Senior Electrical Engineer
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As Senior Electrical Engineer you will be working on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Electrical Engineering and will be involved from the very first (proposal) phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the requested engineering deliverables. You will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. As Senior Electrical Engineer you will also contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test and validation plans.
About the department
The Electrical & Automation department is part of the multidisciplinary Engineering department of Damen Naval and responsible for the design, specification, selection and integration of all electrical and automation systems on board of our vessels. These systems are very extensive and include electrical power distribution, lighting, platform automation, navigation, communication, networking and IT systems and much more. All systems are based upon client requirements and applicable rules & regulations, while they are engineered in close cooperation with suppliers, co-makers and other departments. The main activities of this department are:Requirements Engineering and development of conceptual system designs.
- Development of technical specifications for (subcontracted) systems.
- Technical review of offers from suppliers and co-makers, together with the procurement department.
- Development of functional system descriptions and diagrams.
- Integration of electrical parts and systems in close cooperation with the main co-makers.
- Management of all electrical/data interfaces between (subcontracted) systems.
- Development and review of test protocols.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests for main subcontracted systems.
- Support the building yard during production and commissioning till delivery of the vessel.
- Contribute to design studies and proposals for new projects.
As Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Perform the required technical calculations to prove the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents.
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Contribute to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
As Senior Electrical Engineer you need to have:
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in Electrical Engineering or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years experience in the design and installation of complex electrical systems.
- Experience and broad knowledge of electrical installations, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experience with the design of (high voltage) Power Distribution systems.
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliancy precautions.
- Used to work on Class-regulated products and with Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to work in complex project environments with and managing third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential and German language skills are preferred.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the project).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Electrical Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.