Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project B...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation who can start on short notice on a temporary basis.
As Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Electrical and Automation Engineering. You will be involved from the very first (proposal) phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers to deliver the requested engineering documents and will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation you will report mostly to a Team Leader, or occasionally directly to the Project Manager or Line Manager in case of smaller projects.
As Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based) you will:
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings, and test/validation plans.
- Perform the required technical calculations to prove the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews to guarantee the required quality.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents.
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Performing cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Managing vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by class and customer.
- Contributing to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Helping to develop and describe standards and working methods.
As Senior Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based), you will need to have:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Technical Automation, or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the design and installation of complex Electrical & Automation systems.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of electrical installations and automation systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experience in the design of (high voltage) Power Distribution systems.
- Experience in the functional development of Control & Monitoring systems.
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliancy precautions and used to work on Class-regulated products.
- Experience in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experience in complex project environments and managing third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential and German language skills are preferred.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Working from home policy and other benefits
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.