Senior Engineer Outfitting (Schiedam)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our locations in Schiedam, Vlissingen and Hamburg. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Senior Engineer Outfitting you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Outfitting, where Outfitting includes the accommodation and all technical spaces excluding engine rooms. You will work in a basic engineering team of several outfitting engineers on (Statutory) plans and arrangements, or during the detailed engineering in a multi-disciplinary team as the outfitting specialist. As Senior Engineer Outfitting you implement deep technical knowledge and practical experience, such as producibility, maintainability, accessibility, ergonomics, etc.
As Senior Engineer Outfitting you will be part of the Naval & Structural group which is part of the department Engineering. The employees work on project base divided over the various projects, in which they contribute to both basic- and detailed engineering within their field of expertise.
As Senior Engineer Outfitting you will:
- Be responsible for the approval process (of the Outfitting scope) until satisfactory implementing of all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Class, Statutory & Flag Regulations and the customer.
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required information, such as, plans and complicated arrangements, technical specifications, system descriptions, V&V documents.
- Execute the engineering outfitting activities with the 2D and 3D CAD tools.
- Participate in the Product & Proposal phase.
- Verify technical data of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform technical analysis on received offers under supervision of the Teamlead.
- Offer technical support on commissioning activities.
- Contribute to the further development of the Engineering department.
- Develop and describe yard standards.
As Senior Engineer Outfitting you need to have:
- Technical bachelor’s degree related to the Outfitting discipline.
- Minimum of five year experience in the engineering and broad knowledge of Outfitting systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Extensive knowledge of Class and Statutory regulations and experience with their practical interpretation and implementation.
- Experience with Class, Flag and Client approval processes, including discussions with Plan Approval surveyors and/or Client (representatives).
- Experience with good engineering practices, including quality and budget awareness and to cooperate with vendors and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of and experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or Catia.
- Good command of the English language (written & verbal) and mastery of Dutch language is a plus, but not essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
Damen Naval highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Engineer Outfitting (Schiedam) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.