Senior Integration Engineer HVAC-R Systems (Interi...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this Interim position, Damen Naval is looking for a Senior Integration Engineer HVAC-R Systems who can start on a temporary basis for the period of eighteen months. As the Senior Integration Engineer HVAC-R Systems, you will be involved in various aspects of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems on board ships. From the initial proposal to final delivery, you will collaborate with a team of engineers to provide essential engineering output.
As Senior integration Engineer HVAC-R Systems your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable requirements imposed by customers and statutory bodies.
- Integrating delivered components and systems into ship design in collaboration with internal departments, sub-contractors, statutory bodies, and owners.
- Acquiring and reviewing supplier engineering information and documentation, such as mechanical drawings, schematics, calculations, electrical diagrams, etc.
- Providing input and updates for the engineering database, including purchase orders, parts, meta-data, and documentation.
- Performing required technical calculations as the basis for design or to validate sub-contractors' designs.
- Composing technical and functional specification documents.
- Supervising all contractual obligations of sub-contractors and tracking deviations from the contract.
- Outsourcing detailed engineering work in the 3D environment and verifying the output.
- Verifying the technical performance of products and systems, such as inspecting equipment at supplier premises and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs).
- Offering technical support or commissioning activities to projects and ensuring a good working relationship with technical representatives of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Organizing design checks, reviews, and risk analysis to guarantee the required quality.
As Senior integration Engineer HVAC-R Systems, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in the field of HVAC engineering or proven work skills based on experience.
- At least two years of experience with HVAC-R systems and electrical and automation matters of HVAC-R equipment in ships, offshore, or industrial installations.
- Experience with statutory bodies and the ability to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Proficiency in Dutch and English language, both written and verbal.
- Key competences: customer, budget, planning and quality orientation and awareness, teamwork, results orientation, behavioural flexibility, persuasiveness, initiative, and listening.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1