Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility (Int...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
This interim position offers an exciting opportunity for a Senior Integration Engineer to join us for a period of 18 months. As part of our esteemed project, you will play a key role in integrating, adapting, and interfacing selected equipment for our client's land-based training facility. Your expertise will ensure that the equipment meets the requirements for realistic training simulations, accurately replicating real-life vessel conditions.
As a Senior Integration Engineer for the Training Facility project, you will collaborate with a team of engineers on a diverse range of tasks involving maritime technology and land-based infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include implementing technical knowledge into the design process and delivering essential documentation such as specification documents, system descriptions, and test documentation.
As Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility your key responsibilities will include:
- Integrate and adapt ship equipment for installation in the training facility.
- Manage mechanical and electrical interfaces in collaboration with electrical engineers.
- Serve as the main point of contact for subcontractors involved in the training facility project.
- Coordinate interfaces with stakeholders, clients, internal teams, and subcontractors.
- Engage in technical discussions to develop specific solutions based on system requirements.
- Prepare system descriptions and test documentation.
- Verify technical performance through inspections and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) at supplier premises.
As Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Technology, or equivalent field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in mechanical engineering, preferably with systems and components onboard vessels.
- Knowledge of land-based infrastructure with an understanding of quality, planning, and budget considerations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Good command of the Dutch, German and English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1