Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility (Int...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Join Damen Naval, a leading company in the maritime sector, for an exciting opportunity as a Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility. This is an interim role, starting on short notice, for a temporary period of 18 months.
As part of our prestigious project, you will be responsible for the integration, adaptation, and interfacing of selected equipment for our client's land-based training facility. As Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility your expertise will ensure that the equipment is suitable for training purposes in a realistic environment, simulating actual, real life vessel conditions.
Working on a diverse range of tasks involving maritime technology and land-based infrastructure, you will collaborate closely with a team of engineers to deliver exceptional engineering output. Your role will involve implementing technical and practical knowledge into the design process and creating essential deliverables such as specification documents, system descriptions, schematic drawings, and test documentation.
As a Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility your key responsibilities will include:
- Integrate and adapt ship equipment for installation in the training facility.
- Manage mechanical and electrical interfaces, in collaboration with electrical engineers, related to the ship equipment and the training facility.
- Act as the point of contact for subcontractors involved in the training facility project.
- Coordinate interfaces with stakeholders, clients, internal teams, and subcontractors.
- Engage in technical discussions to develop specific solutions based on system requirements.
- Prepare system descriptions and test documentation.
- Verify technical performance through inspections and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) at supplier premises
As a Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of mechanical engineering experience, preferably with systems and components onboard vessels.
- Knowledge of land-based infrastructure and an understanding of quality, planning, and budget considerations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Proficiency in Dutch, German, and English in written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 21 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1