Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility (Pro...
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
Join Damen Naval, a leading company in the maritime sector, for an exciting opportunity as a Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility. This is an interim role, starting on short notice, for a temporary period of 18 months.
As part of our prestigious project, you will be responsible for the integration, adaptation, and interfacing of selected equipment for our client's land-based training facility. As Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility your expertise will ensure that the equipment is suitable for training purposes in a realistic environment, simulating actual, real life vessel conditions.
Working on a diverse range of tasks involving maritime technology and land-based infrastructure, you will collaborate closely with a team of engineers to deliver exceptional engineering output. Your role will involve implementing technical and practical knowledge into the design process and creating essential deliverables such as specification documents, system descriptions, schematic drawings, and test documentation.
As Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility (Project Based) you will:
- Integrate and adapt ship equipment for installation in the training facility.
- Manage mechanical and electrical interfaces, in collaboration with electrical engineers, related to the ship equipment and the training facility.
- Act as the point of contact for subcontractors involved in the training facility project.
- Coordinate interfaces with stakeholders, clients, internal teams, and subcontractors.
- Engage in technical discussions to develop specific solutions based on system requirements.
- Prepare system descriptions and test documentation.
- Verify technical performance through inspections and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) at supplier premises
As Senior Integration Engineer Training Facility (Project Based) you will need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of mechanical engineering experience, preferably with systems and components onboard vessels.
- Knowledge of land-based infrastructure and an understanding of quality, planning, and budget considerations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Proficiency in Dutch, German, and English in written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.