Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Senior Piping Engineer, you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of piping, where piping systems are located throughout the complete vessel. You will work during the detailed engineering in a multi-disciplinary team and routes pipeline systems in the 3D environment based on the basic engineering information, such as Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams. As Piping Engineer, you will implement technical knowledge and practical experience, such as maintainability, manufacturability, and ergonomics.
As Senior Piping Engineer you will:
- Execute the engineering piping activities with 3D CAD tools.
- Contribute to the engineering process by processing the required information, such as combination drawings, spools, and isometrics.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable requirements, yard standards and piping specifications.
- Participate in technical discussions with other disciplines within the project team.
As Senior Piping Engineer you will need to have:
- Intermediate or Secondary Vocational Education (MBO-4) with a diploma related to the piping discipline.
- At least five years’ experience in the engineering of piping systems.
- Professional working experience with 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or Catia (3DX).
- Experience with and knowledge of Class- and Statutory regulations and piping systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations are both an advantage.
- Good command of the English and Dutch language (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Piping Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.