Senior Propulsion Arrangement Engineer (Schiedam)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our locations in Schiedam, Vlissingen and Hamburg. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Senior Propulsion Arrangement Engineer you analyse and assess specifications, set up, model and revise engineering package(s) and/or integrate systems and supplies. You will report feedback and support stakeholders on technical aspects and questions within the specialism Marine Engineering. As Senior Propulsion Arrangement Engineer you will in line with project requirements, customer needs, technical and operations guidelines and regulations. This in order to contribute to efficient production and to maximize reliability quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of Damen Naval portfolio.
As Senior Propulsion Arrangement Engineer you will:
- Analyse and assess specifications and/or technical requirements related to products, systems and processes (materials, quality, environment, health, safety, design optimization, product specifications), perform initial opportunity and risk analyses and propose and/or implement mitigations for any identified risks.
- Set up and model the basic and detailed engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with specifications, (shipyard) requirements, applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and Damen Naval engineering standards.
- Update the basic and/or detailed engineering package and where needed inform, discuss and advise with technical lead, technical specialist and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Support internal and external stakeholders on technical aspects and questions.
- Execute (parts of) projects and/or project design reviews.
- Document (maintenance) activities performed on processes, design status, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses on design and technical progress of documentation.
- Identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, designs, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and, if applicable, ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
As Senior Propulsion Arrangement Engineer you need to have
- Professional education on intermediate level related to a marine or mechanical discipline.
- More than five years of experience in and broad knowledge of the engineering of marine/mechanical systems preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Knowledge of 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or Catia.
- Good command of the English language (written & verbal).
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work abroad.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Propulsion Arrangement Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.