Site Coordinator HVAC & Electrical (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this Interim position, Damen Naval is looking for a Site Coordinator HVAC & Electrical who can start on a temporary basis. As a Site Coordinator HVAC & Electrical you will be the eyes and ears of Subcontract Managers on a shipbuilding yard in Kiel, a crucial player in ensuring the seamless delivery, installation, testing, and commissioning of HVAC & electrical equipment by subcontractors. Your adept management will align with contractual and customer requirements, keeping a vigilant eye on project schedules and swiftly addressing any deviations.
As Site Coordinator HVAC & Electrical your key responsibilities will include:
- Staying abreast of the actual scope, actively engaging in problem-solving, and ensuring proper follow-up of engineering and contractual change processes.
- Advising Supply Chain and Yard Manager on contractual changes with HVAC Subcontractors, monitoring progress, and contributing to alignment meetings.
- Adhering to all company safety and security policies and initiatives.
- Attending daily and weekly alignment meetings.
As Site Coordinator HVAC & Electrical you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- At least five years of combined experience in construction, ideally with a general contractor or in construction management, preferably in shipbuilding.
- In-depth understanding of subcontract and installation requirements, technical competence in the construction process and terminology, and experience with change order management and project closeout.
- Excellent communication skills in German, both written and verbal, and a good understanding of the English language.
- Competencies: initiative, ability to work independently, keen overview, attentive listening, and flexibility.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1