Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As the Solution Architect at Damen Naval, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the systems of the high-end project are complying with strict technical requirements. By collaborating with cross-functional teams and understanding business requirements, you will build scalable and efficient solutions to enhance the support and maintenance of ships throughout their lifecycle. In addition, you will also develop technological solutions related to asset management support and integrated logistics support to improve operational, materiel and personnel readiness while reducing downtime of systems.
As the Solution Architect, your key responsibilities will include:
- Create and develop innovative ship lifecycle support solutions, ensuring alignment with business objectives and technical requirements enhancing materiel and personnel readiness.
- Perform configuration management, integration of health and usage monitoring functionalities, smart supply, integrated logistic support and smart training solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and analyse business requirements, translating them into feasible and efficient technical solutions, aligned with Damen Naval’s long-term vision.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies, evaluating their potential to improve ship lifecycle support by selecting appropriate tools and technologies driving innovation and efficiency.
- Design and oversee the integration of ship lifecycle support systems with existing infrastructure and other applications ensuring seamless data exchange and interoperability.
- Build solutions that can scale with the growing needs of ship lifecycle support and training e.g., optimization of availability and reliability while minimizing downtime and service disruptions.
- Implement security best practices to protect sensitive ship data to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Collaborate closely with software developers, data engineers, service engineers, project managers, and cross-functional teams to ensure the successful implementation of solutions.
- Provide guidance and leadership in the development process, helping teams to make informed decisions about technology, design, and best practices.
- Continuously monitor system performance, identify areas for improvement, recommend optimizations and implement best practices.
To excel as a Solution Architect, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Master or bachelor degree in IT, or another relevant technical study.
- At least five years of relevant experience in life cycle support management, techniques and principles, naval operations and maritime regulations, ship maintenance, repair, and support processes such as ILS and LCM.
- Experience in data ethics and data security as a Solution Architect, preferably in the domains of naval engineering, research, development, and innovation gained in the naval and or maritime life cycle support industry.
- Good command of the English preferably also Dutch language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours).
- Notice period / possible starting date.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1