Solution Architect Virtual Reality (Project Based)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval supplies training equipment as part of the Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) package with newly build ships. Part of the equipment is (gamified) training simulators in Virtual Reality in for instance operator- and maintainer trainers. We are looking for someone who has a solid understanding of using Virtual Reality technology in an educational or gamified context and the skills to design these solutions, so our developers can build them.
As Solution Architect Virtual Reality (Project Based) you will support the project by understanding and interpreting the requirement set by the (potential) client and help designing a solution to satisfy these requirements. These requirements will be technical, logistical and/or didactical in nature.
As Solution Architect Virtual Reality (Project Based) you will:
- Support the project team by analysing and decomposing the requirements.
- Support the project team by designing the VR solution considering didactical concepts, user experience, technical feasibility, implementation, testing and maintainability, connectivity, IT security, cost estimation, planning, and risk analysis.
- Support the project team with integrator/developer selection and evaluation.
- Translate all the above in reports, plans, diagrams, and backlogs.
As Solution Architect Virtual Reality (Project Based) you will need to have:
- Technical and conceptual understanding of Virtual Reality technologies and applications.
- Ability to identify and translate new technologies as part of the solution (e.g. haptics, LBE, gamification, eye tracking).
- Keep an overview and leave the details to others.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile and modern programming paradigms or 3D art skills.
- Experience with game design, game art or game development is a plus.
- Understanding of the German language is an asset.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Solution Architect Virtual Reality (Project Based) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.