Specialist Ship Signatures and Vulnerability
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. With over 850 professionals and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is main contractor of Naval Vessels and responsible for main performance characteristics, such as Ship Signatures and Ship Vulnerability. The Specialist Ship Signatures and Vulnerability provides advices, simulations and control of Radar Signature, Infra-red Signature and Ship Vulnerability Aspects. You are responsible for the simulations in the Proposal and Engineering phases, aspect control and finally full-scale validation during Sea Acceptance Trials.
As Specialist Ship Signatures and Vulnerability, you will be working with Navy customers, high-tech organizations, suppliers, and top research institutes.
As Specialist Ship Signatures and Vulnerability you will be:
- Responsible for the execution of research and development projects for signatures and vulnerability.
- Provide technical consultation to projects and proposals on the mentioned aspects, for instance with simulation software.
- Monitor progress against project targets with respect to cost, quality, and timelines.
As Specialist Ship Signatures and Vulnerability you will need to have:
- Master’s degree preferably in naval architecture, mechanical engineering or applied physics or other relevant discipline, with at least an interest for the naval industry.
- Experience with ship design and engineering processes
- Hands-on mentality when it comes to running experiments
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, planning, and organizing, decisiveness, communication, and initiative.
- Good command of the English and Dutch language (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship and successful security clearance are both required to be considered as viable candidate
At Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Specialist Ship Signatures and Vulnerability and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.