Specialist Shock & Noise
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in Schiedam or Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
During the engineering phase you will be involved in design aspects related to shock (from mines and torpedoes), underwater noise, sonar self-noise and inboard noise. Generally the ship structure and the mounting of system components shall be designed by you with respect to these combined requirements. Mounting design will involve own-frequencies, displacements and accelerations of components and skids, including selections of flexible mountings.
During the proposal phase you shall define, and negotiate the relevant requirements, standards and norms.
Besides the design calculations, you will have frequent contact with the structural engineers, the customers, the regulatory bodies. In the production phase you will be involved with full-scale testing and validations on board.
Further you shall initiate and support R&D project in this field. These activities can include verifications and validations, software development, product development and process development.
- BSc or MSc level in Naval Architecture, Mechanical engineering or Aerospace engineering.
- Knowledge on underwater shock, inboard noise and underwater noise onboard ships.
- Experienced in design of flexible mountings.
- Experienced in relevant software tools (such as 6-DOF, FEMAP, ANSYS).
- Experienced in inboard noise calculations.
- Experience with relevant international standards (such as STANAG, IMO, Class).
- Analytical and pragmatic, creative , persuasive and enthusiastic.
- Good command of English (writing and verbal).
- Team player.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Specialist Shock & Noise and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via career.damen.com through the apply button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit www.career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.