Specialist Shock & Noise (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Specialist Shock & Noise who can start on a temporary basis. As Interim Engineer Shock & Noise you will during the engineering phase be involved in the design aspects related to shock (from mines and torpedoes), underwater noise, sonar self-noise and inboard noise. Generally, the ship structure and the mounting of system components shall be designed by you with respect to these joint requirements. Mounting design will involve own-frequencies, displacements and accelerations of components and skids, including selections of flexible mountings. During the proposal phase you will define, and negotiate relevant requirements, standards, and norms. Besides design calculations, you will have frequent contact with the structural engineers, suppliers, customers. In the production phase you will be involved with full-scale testing and validations on board.
As Engineer Shock & Noise you will also support R&D project in this field. These activities can include verifications and validations, software development, product development and process development.
As an Engineer Shock & Noise, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or master in Naval Architecture, Mechanical engineering, or Aerospace engineering.
- Knowledge of and experience with underwater shock, inboard- and underwater noise onboard ships.
- Experience with design of flexible mountings and inboard noise calculations.
- Experience with relevant software tools (6-DOF, FEMAP, ANSYS).
- Experience with relevant international standards (STANAG, IMO, Class).
- Characteristics: analytical, pragmatic, creative, persuasive, and enthusiastic.
- Good command of English both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1