Subcontract Manager Simulation (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Subcontract Manager Simulation who can start on a temporary basis for the period of one year. As Subcontract Manager Simulation at Damen Naval you will contribute to and support technical activities ranging from definition, procurement, and engineering until installation of Electrical & Automation systems for new ship designs and for maintenance or refits. You will support full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications. All your activities aim to contribute to efficient production maximizing reliability quality, safety, sustainability, and efficiency of the Damen Naval portfolio.
As a Subcontract Manager Simulation your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to integration activities in complex medium value projects and supporting the Technical Subcontract Manager who is responsible for the total contracted scope.
- Contributing to the basic engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with applicable rules, regulations, and Damen Naval engineering standards.
- Reviewing the detailed engineering package based on the basic engineering package.
- Identifying shortcomings and suggests improvements for the basic and/or detailed engineering package and where needed informs and advises team lead, technical lead, technical specialists and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Participating in project design reviews and during contractual milestones, tests, and trials, such as FAT, HAT and SAT as accepting party.
- Supporting in proposal evaluations, technical evaluations, and cost/price analyses.
- Contributing to evaluation and/or continuous improvement of the department’s processes and to development, transfer, and retention of knowledge within the department.
As a Subcontract Manager Simulation, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor degree in a technical study with at least three years relevant experience or Master degree in a technical study with at least one year of relevant experience.
- Broad knowledge of electrical installations and/or automation systems, preferably related to Navigation and Communication systems in ships or offshore installations.
- Experience in working on class-regulated products and in complex project environments with vendors and subcontractors.
- Good knowledge of English, both verbally and in writing and preferably also Dutch and German language skills.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1