Subdepartment Manager Engineering Support
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As the Subdepartment Manager Engineering Support at Damen Naval within the Engineering team, you will steer the Engineering Support subdepartment towards the successful execution and delivery of engineering support service. You do so by providing leadership and strategic direction. You are also responsible for people management, resource allocation, process optimization, and tool proficiency. You will also contribute to broader engineering and proposals projects.
As Subdepartment Manager Engineering Support, your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the group resource planning to ensure optimal allocation for project teams, guaranteeing the availability of required capabilities.
- Ensure that the management activities are executed according to the set schedules, required quality and cost constraints.
- Build internal and external coalitions, fostering collaboration with other Damen entities and external suppliers to achieve common strategic goals.
- Measure and drive internal performance across all aspects of the group creating a productive and cohesive team.
- Suggest improvements for operating plans, policies, and procedures to achieve the business objectives, reflecting the longer and mid-term priorities, and to drive innovative ideas in approach, process, and methodology for the department.
- Ensure expert proposal review support and participate in cross-functional design reviews with project teams and suppliers.
- Contribute to continuous evaluation and or improvement of processes and to the development, transfer, and retention of knowledge within the department.
To excel as the Subdepartment Manager Engineering Support, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a technical relevant study.
- At least ten years relevant experience with a variety of engineering concepts and practices as well as engineering, manufacturing, and integration of complex, preferably mechanical and or maritime, systems for new built ships.
- Experience with management principles and techniques, particularly in financial and contract management.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Subdepartment Manager Engineering Support, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours).
- Notice period / possible starting date.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1