Supervisor Production Shipbuilding
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Supervisor Production Shipbuilding you will be responsible for the construction process of building a ship or a part of the ship (module). You will also lead a team of employees within their own discipline (hull, piping, mechanical, outfitting etc.)
As Supervisor Production Shipbuilding you will:
- Managing a group of employees and devide the work to the employees assigned to the supervisor.
- Controls progress, proper execution, quality, planning and efficient use of materials and tools.
- Controls subcontractors within their field of expertise and evaluates their planning and quality.
- Works closely with foremen from other disciplines and subcontractors.
- Responsible for daily administration, hours registration, presence of employees, reporting progress.
- Advise on improvements on working methods, materials and tools.
- Advise the Production Coordinator on preferred investments, purchase of tools and working methods, etc.
- Evaluates employees with regard to performance and advises the Manager Production on personnel matters.
- Ensures all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
As Supervisor Production Shipbuilding you will need to have:
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO) in Mechanical Engineering or Shipbuilding (level 4).
- Minimum of ten years experience in shipbuilding and/or steel construction works, performance management and appraisals.
- Experience in supervising production activities and with different lifting techniques.
- VCA-VOL certificate and hydraulics, pneumatics, and / or other specialized courses.
- Knowledge of and experience with HSEQ procedures, protocols.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Supervisor Production and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.