Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As the System Modeler, you will play a pivotal role in creating detailed models that simulate and analyse various aspects of naval vessel systems. Your responsibilities will include developing mathematical models, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and ensuring that integrated systems meet the highest standards of performance and efficiency.
As the System Modeler, your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop mathematical models and simulations for naval ship systems, covering propulsion, navigation, communication, and weapon systems.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, researchers, and stakeholders to understand and document system requirements, ensuring that the models accurately reflect the desired functionalities and specifications.
- Integrate individual subsystem models into a comprehensive system model, optimizing designs for enhanced performance.
- Develop system architectures compliant with relevant standards and frameworks.
- Verify and validate system models against real-world data, test results, and other sources to ensure the accuracy and reliability.
- Identify potential risks and vulnerabilities, proposing mitigation measures to enhance robustness.
- Conduct life cycle assessments to evaluate the long-term sustainability, maintainability, and operability of naval ship systems.
- Create comprehensive documentation for models, simulations, and analysis results to facilitate communication with stakeholders and support decision-making processes.
To excel as the System Modeler, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Master or Bachelor degree in a relevant technical study.
- At least five years of relevant experience and knowledge of system modelling techniques, system architecture frameworks, and principles such as Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Experience in and knowledge of naval operations and Life Cycle Management.
- Experience in and knowledge of the naval engineering domains with research, development, and innovation and in working with sophisticated modelling software.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of System Modeler, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.