System Modelling Specialist - Naval Shipbuilding (...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a System Modelling Specialist - Naval Shipbuilding who can start on a temporary basis for the period of 6 months.
As System Modelling Specialist - Naval Shipbuilding at Damen Naval, you will play a pivotal role in creating comprehensive system models for complex naval vessels. These models describe the vessel's functional behaviour and establish traceability from concept of operation to technical solutions. You will provide valuable guidance to the project team, employing system architecture frameworks to enable seamless integration from enterprise to system level.
As Interim System Modelling Specialist - Naval Shipbuilding your responsibilities will include supporting the development of a model-based system architecture for functional safety assessments and assisting in the requirements engineering process, encompassing traceability, analysis, decomposition, verification, and validation (V&V). Collaborating with system architects, design engineers, subcontractors, and clients, you will contribute to the successful realization of our projects.
As System Modelling Specialist - Naval Shipbuilding (Project Based), you will be responsible for the following:
- Defining and updating system modelling processes.
- Evaluating and selecting suitable technologies, frameworks, and tools to facilitate system development, ensuring scalability, maintainability, and adherence to architectural principles.
- Conducting comprehensive system analysis to comprehend functional and non-functional requirements, translating them into technical specifications and architectural designs.
- Collaborating closely with software engineers and other stakeholders to define system components, interfaces, and integration points, ensuring alignment with the architectural vision.
- Performing formal safety assessments and proposing mitigation strategies to ensure system reliability, performance, and security.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to development teams, promoting architectural best practices, and ensuring consistency in design and implementation.
- Continuously enhancing system architecture practices within the company, driving the adoption of innovative frameworks and models.
- Engaging in effective communication with stakeholders such as architects, engineers, and clients.
To succeed as System Modelling Specialist - Naval Shipbuilding (Project Based), you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, preferably in shipbuilding.
- Experience in Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) and requirements engineering.
- Proficiency in advanced system modelling techniques, including SysML, system architecture frameworks, such as UAF, and familiarity with associated methodologies and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse complex systems and technical challenges.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, enabling effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and the ability to present technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Key competencies: teamwork, conscientiousness, strong communication skills, proactiveness, and planning focus.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, is required. Proficiency in Dutch and German is advantageous.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1