Systems Verification Engineer (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Systems Verification Engineer who can start on a temporary basis. As a Systems Verification Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the Verification, Validation, and Acceptance (VV&A) process within the F126 project. Your responsibility will be to ensure compliance with set requirements by conducting document appraisal, design reviews, and traceability of project deliverables. From proposal to system acceptance, you will oversee the development of requirements models, maintain the Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM), and collaborate with stakeholders. Reporting to the VV&A manager, you will also ensure the traceability and verification of requirements, including physical testing.
As a Systems Verification Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with Test & Integration and other engineers on requirements engineering and V&V activities, contributing to the overall scope, including test specifications of VV&A deliverables.
- Establish a complete set of System Requirements for the assigned system in the System Requirements Specification, decomposing transverse requirements and rules into system requirements.
- Link the set of system requirements to the correct document placeholders, define the appropriate verification cases (VeCs) in the VCRM, and specify the test specifications (TeCs) for physical tests.
- Determine and execute the correct Means of Compliance for systems within your scope.
- Ensure the assigned system complies with the set requirements and provide evidence and substantiation of compliance.
- Contribute to the process of agreeing on system specifications and the VCRM for assigned systems with the customer, as well as the progressive acceptance process.
As a Systems Verification Engineer, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Engineering. An Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) or similar certification is preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the design and engineering of high-tech complex products, preferably in ships, offshore equipment, or relevant industrial installations.
- Experience with Configuration Management, Requirements Management, and Systems Engineering principles and practices.
- Familiarity with the VV&A process, maritime systems, and working with class-regulated products.
- Experience in dynamic mid-size project environments with high complexity, collaborating closely with both project teams and customers.
- Knowledge of Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, is required. Proficiency in Dutch and German is advantageous.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1