Systems Verification Engineer (Project Based)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Systems Verification Engineer (Project Based) who can start on short notice on a temporary basis.
Are you an experienced Systems Verification Engineer looking for a new opportunity? At Damen Naval, we have an exciting position available just for you. As a Systems Verification Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the Verification, Validation, and Acceptance (VV&A) process within the F126 project. Your responsibility will be to ensure compliance with set requirements by conducting document appraisal, design reviews, and traceability of project deliverables. From proposal to system acceptance, you will oversee the development of requirements models, maintain the Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM), and collaborate with stakeholders. Reporting to the VV&A manager, you will also ensure the traceability and verification of requirements, including physical testing.
As Systems Verification Engineer (Project Based), you will:
- Collaborate with Test & Integration and other engineers on requirements engineering and V&V activities, contributing to the overall scope, including test specifications of VV&A deliverables.
- Establish a complete set of System Requirements for the assigned system in the System Requirements Specification, decomposing transverse requirements and rules into system requirements.
- Link the set of system requirements to the correct document placeholders, define the appropriate verification cases (VeCs) in the VCRM, and specify the test specifications (TeCs) for physical tests.
- Determine and execute the correct Means of Compliance for systems within your scope.
- Ensure the assigned system complies with the set requirements and provide evidence and substantiation of compliance.
- Contribute to the process of agreeing on system specifications and the VCRM for assigned systems with the customer, as well as the progressive acceptance process.
To excel in the role of Systems Verification Engineer (Project Based), you should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Engineering. An Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) or similar certification is preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the design and engineering of high-tech complex products, preferably in ships, offshore equipment, or relevant industrial installations.
- Experience with Configuration Management, Requirements Management, and Systems Engineering principles and practices.
- Familiarity with the VV&A process, maritime systems, and working with class-regulated products.
- Experience in dynamic mid-size project environments with high complexity, collaborating closely with both project teams and customers.
- Knowledge of Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, is required. Proficiency in Dutch and German is advantageous.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Systems Verification Engineer (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1