Tactical Purchaser (Project-Based)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our locations in Schiedam, Vlissingen and Hamburg. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Tactical Purchaser (Project-Based) you are part of (one or more) project team(s) led by the Project Manager Procurement. You will responsible for purchasing products, materials, services and/or outsourcing activities according to the project plan.
As Tactical Purchaser (Project-Based) you will:
- Monitor and report on cost trends for key commodities.
- Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed and have considered all cost variables.
- Research, qualify and evaluate on a project basis (Int.) national suppliers & sub-contractors.
- Initiate market research and enhance supplier development to build up/maintain/ensure a suitable supply base.
- Drive improvement processes with suppliers based upon supplier qualification and/or evaluation.
- Participate in category management, define category strategies, implement and execute strategy.
- Provide reliable information for budget and cost price calculations.
- Develop and maintaining quotation evaluations and key figures.
- Execute and coordinate the purchase process(specifying, selecting, evaluating, contracting, contract mgmt., aftercare) according to applicable procedures and project boundaries.
- Set up proposals for standardization, develop framework contracts and monitor and maintain them.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
As Tactical Purchaser (Project-Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical direction such as Mechanical Engineering supplemented with Nevi-1 and Nevi-2 or the willingness to attend these courses.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a technical environment with substantive knowledge of and experience with purchasing.
- Strong negotiation skills and assertiveness in combination with an independent, well structured, and hands-on mentality.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written & verbal) and mastery of German language is a plus, but not essential.
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, planning and organising, problem analysis, decisiveness, negotiating, persuasiveness, and initiative.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
s Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Tactical Purchaser (Project-Based) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.