Team Lead Automation
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As the Team Lead Automation, you will be responsible for the Automation part of engineering within our projects. As Team Lead Automation you will be involved in the first (proposal) phase in the project to setup a solid work break down and planning structure for all tasks that belong to the discipline. You will also be leading a small or mid-sized team of (Senior) Automation Engineers during the execution of the project, to deliver the required engineering output. As Team Lead Automation you will be ultimately responsible for the desired quality, timely delivery and reporting to the Project Manager Engineering.
As the Team Lead Automation you will:
- Leading a small or mid-size Electrical & Automation engineering team during the execution of the project.
- Coaching the Automation engineering team to work according to internal standards.
- Composing work breakdown structures and assign labour and cost budgets.
- Delivers quality engineering work on a timely basis to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Managing vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Organizing design checks and reviews to guarantee the required quality.
- Verifying technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Performing technical analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Monitoring and controlling man-hour budget and make progress reports to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Coordinating technical support or commissioning activities for the project.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by class and customer.
As the Team Lead Automation you will need to have:
- Minimum of five-year experience in the design of (complex) electrical & automation systems in the shipbuilding, offshore or industrial installations sector.
- Experience in working in large project environments with high level of complexity
- Experience with leading higly-skilled engineering teams of up to 10 people.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Technical Automation, or another relevant technical discipline.
- Project Management experience, able to structure work packages and get them finalized within the set deadline.
- Used to work on class-regulated products and with Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Excellent command of English language (written and verbal) is essential and German language skills are a plus.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Team Lead Automation and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1