Team Lead Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Team Lead Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting you are responsible for the basic engineering part of (statutory) plans and arrangements within a project. This includes arrangements of accommodation, outer decks, and all technical workspaces, excluding engine rooms and propulsion related spaces. You can be involved from re-basic engineering phase in the project to setup a solid work breakdown and planning structure for all tasks that belong to plans & arrangements discipline. During the basic engineering phase, you lead a team of several (Senior) Outfitting Engineers to deliver the required engineering output. During the detailed engineering you will act as Team Lead Outfitting and lead a multi-disciplinary team or controls the outsourced detailed engineering package. As Team Lead you will be ultimately responsible for desired quality, timely delivery, and report to the Project Manager Engineering. You will also coordinate the team activities regarding quality, planning, and man-hours.
As Team Lead Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting you will:
- Lead a plans and arrangements engineering team during basic engineering of shipbuilding projects or lead a multi-disciplinary team during the detailed engineering.
- Control detailed engineering of an outsourced detailed engineering package.
- Advice on composition of work breakdown structures and assignment of man-hour budget.
- Deliver quality engineering work on a timely basis to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing and reviewing required deliverables, such as functional descriptions, plans according to rules and regulations, arrangements, technical specifications, fabrication and mounting drawings and lists.
- Execute or supervise the engineering team activities within 2D and 3D environments, such as Cadmatic or 3DX.
- Integrate vendors and subcontractor’s information, support design checks and design reviews and verify technical data of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform technical analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Monitor and control man-hours spent and supports progress reports to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by regulatory bodies and customer.
As Team Lead Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting you will need to have:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree combined with at least five years experience in engineering of outfitting systems.
- Experience with 2D and 3D systems (Cadmatic or 3DX) preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Experience in leading and structure work packages of a mid-size engineering team up to ten people.
- Experience in working with vendors, subcontractors, class- and statutory rules and regulations and Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Good command of the English language written & verbal.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Team Lead Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.