Team Leader Electrical & Automation
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) specializes in design and construction of Marine vessels for the Royal Dutch Navy as well as various other clients worldwide. DSNS is part of Damen Shipyards Group, the largest Dutch shipyard that definines shipbuilding all over the world. DSNS has 450 employees and is based on a modern and innovative engineering department consisting of 120 highly skilled engineers who are responsible for design, basic- and detail engineering for all Marine vessels built in Flushing as well as various other Damen Shipyards built vessels.
Responsible for the Electrical and Automation part of engineering within our projects. Involved from the first (proposal) phase in the project to setup a solid work break down and planning structure for all tasks that belong to the E&A discipline. Leads a small/mid-size team of several (senior) E&A Engineers during the execution of projects, in order to deliver the required engineering output. Will be ultimately responsible for the desired quality, timely delivery and reporting to the Project Manager Engineering. Coordinates these activities with regard to quality, progress and planning, manhours and budget.
- Leads a small/mid-size E&A engineering team (2-10 people) during the execution of (naval) shipbuilding projects.
- Coaches the E&A engineering team to work according to internal standards.
- Composes Work Break Down structures and assign labor/cost budgets.
- Delivers quality engineering work on a timely basis to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Contributes to the engineering process by developing and reviewing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans.
- Manages vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Organizes design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality;
- Verifies technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Performs technical analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Monitors and controls manhour budget and makes progress reports to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Coordinates technical support or commissioning activities for projects under contract.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Class and the customer.
- Contributes to the further development of the E&A Engineering department;
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level: related to the engineer discipline.
- For relevant discipline training: see training matrix.
- For mandatory safety training: see training matrix.
- Minimum of five (5) year experience in the design and installation of Electrical & Automation systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of maritime electrical installations and automation systems.
- Project Management skills on basic level.
- Able to structure work packages and get them realized according to the contracted planning and labor/cost budgets.
- Experienced to lead a mid-size (Engineering) team up to 10 people.
- Used to work on Class-regulated products.
- Experienced to work in mid-size project environments with medium complexity.
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.