Technical Author/ Translator (Project Based)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is looking for two Interim Technical Authors/ Translators who can start at short notice at this temporary assignment for the F126 project for the German navy. F126 or frigate 126 is a planned German frigate class intended to replace the F123 Brandenburg-class frigates in the German Navy. The four F126 multi-purpose combat Ships are to be the largest surface warships to join the Navy since World War II. The first ship is planned to be commissioned in 2028.
Damen Naval is looking for Technical Authors/ Translators to prepare (technical) documents in German or to translate the English (technical) documents into German. As Technical Author/ Translator you will monitor the house style and you ensure that the documents are delivered in a representative style.
As Technical Author/ Translator (Project Based) you will:
- Drawing up (technical) documents.
- Carrying out checks on the quality and consistency in structure and layout.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively in a dynamic project environment.
- Be responsive to changes in priorities and schedules and communicate well about the progress of the assigned work
As Technical Author/ Translator (Project Based) you need to have:
- Relevant work experience in the technical sector while experience in the shipbuilding industry is a plus.
- Experience with structured drafting of technical project documents.
- Very good command of the English and German language and preferably German as mother tongue.
- Translating a short document is part of the selection procedure
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Author/T translator (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.