Technical Specification Engineer (Project Based) (...
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 1.000 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Technical Specification Engineer who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for the estimated duration of 18 months.
As Technical Specification Engineer you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Marine Engineering. You can be involved from the first proposal until final delivery. You will work, during the execution of the project in a team of several engineers to deliver the required engineering output. Implements technical and practical knowledge into the design and takes care all relevant data is stored accurately in the PDM-system. As Technical Specification Engineer you will contribute tothe engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, reviewed supplier’s documentation, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test and validation plans.
As Technical Specification Engineer (Project Based) you are responsible for:
- Setting up of (functional) technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Performing technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensuring full compliance of all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies.
- Engaging in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product and system and providing a good starting point for the commercial negotiation.
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information and documentation like mechanical drawings, schematics, calculations, electrical diagrams, etc.
- Integration of delivered components and systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, statutory bodies, and owner.
- Providing input and updates for the engineering database such as purchase orders, parts, metadata, and documentation.
- Performing required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Composing technical and functional specification documents for System Description Statements, HAT and SAT procedures.
- Verifying technical performance of products and systems such as inspection of equipment at supplier premises, and FAT’s.
- Offering technical support for commissioning activities.
- Ensuring good working relationship with technical representatives of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participating in design checks and reviews to guarantee the required quality.
As Technical Specification Engineer (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree related to the engineer discipline or proven work skills based upon experience.
- At least two years’ experience in mechanical or marine engineering and with statutory bodies.
- Experience with and knowledge of mechanical systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Able to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Personal characteristics: quality, planning, budget awareness, willingness to travel and work abroad occasionally.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship and successful security clearance are both required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.