Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automa...
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation who can start on short notice on a temporary basis with a duration of one year.
As Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based) at Damen Naval you will contribute to and support technical activities ranging from definition, procurement, and engineering until installation of Electrical & Automation systems for new ship designs and for maintenance or refits. You will support full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications. All your activities aim to contribute to efficient production maximizing reliability quality, safety, sustainability, and efficiency of the Damen Naval portfolio.
As Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based) you are responsible for:
- Contributing to integration activities in complex medium value projects and supporting the Technical Subcontract Manager who is responsible for the total contracted scope.
- Contributing to the basic engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with applicable rules, regulations, and Damen Naval engineering standards.
- Reviewing the detailed engineering package based on the basic engineering package.
- Identifying shortcomings and suggests improvements for the basic and/or detailed engineering package and where needed informs and advises team lead, technical lead, technical specialists and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Participating in project design reviews and during contractual milestones, tests, and trials, such as FAT, HAT and SAT as accepting party.
- Supporting in proposal evaluations, technical evaluations, and cost/price analyses.
- Contributing to evaluation and/or continuous improvement of the department’s processes and to development, transfer, and retention of knowledge within the department.
As Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor degree in a technical study with at least three years relevant experience or Master degree in a technical study with at least one year of relevant experience.
- Broad knowledge of electrical installations and/or automation systems, preferably related to Navigation and Communication systems in ships or offshore installations.
- Experience in working on class-regulated products and in complex project environments with vendors and subcontractors.
- Good knowledge of English, both verbally and in writing and preferably also Dutch and German language skills.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.