Technical Subcontract Manager Mechanical Systems (...
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Technical Subcontract Manager Mechanical Systems who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for the estimated duration of 18 months.
As Technical Subcontract Manager Mechanical Systems you will be coordinating and managing within the project all the technical and process activities for large subcontracted systems. These could be for example the propulsion system covering main engines, gearboxes, propeller & shafting, and propulsion control systems. This includes activities related to the definition, procurement, engineering, interfacing, installation, verification, and acceptance of the relevant systems for large design and build projects. This to achieve a successful integration of the various systems for the developed ships and optionally the related land-based facilities that Damen Naval delivers to its customer.
As Technical Subcontract Manager Mechanical Systems (Project Based), you will:
- Coordinate and align the various internal stakeholders with technical aspects and processes such as engineering, purchasing, quality, etc.
- Ensure that there is a proper integration with the subcontractors (suppliers) regarding these topics.
- Coordinate and facilitate the subcontractor contribution to the project during preparation and execution phases.
- Take ownership of the assigned subcontracts for the project to drive and attain targeted results within the set project constraints for schedule, quality, and cost.
- Ensures that engineers reach full compliance with all applicable requirements and specifications, as imposed by Damen Naval and our customer.
- Organise and/or participate in project reviews with all relevant parties.
- Secure planning, execution and synchronisation of project activities related to all deliverables and obligations of the subcontractor, ensuring the proper integration of the related system.
- Participate during contractual milestones, tests, and trials, such as FAT’s, HAT’s, and SAT’s
- Assist the warranty authority on all warranty queries and issues that have been identified in relation to the subcontractor.
- Support project and proposal evaluations and subcontract evaluations on all aspects, including cost benefit analyses.
As Technical Subcontract Manager Mechanical Systems (Project Based), you need to have:
- Bachelor and/or Master degree preferable in Engineering or Mechanical engineering.
- At least three years’ experience in hands-on acting with engineers, suppliers and subcontractors’ staff, and project and program managers in (naval) shipbuilding or a related industry.
- Hands-on experience in manufacture and subcontract management of complex systems.
- Experience in Project Management and related skills and with working in complex project environments.
- Good command of the Dutch & English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Subcontract Manager Mechanical Systems (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.