Technical Subcontract Manager Outfitting (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this Interim position, Damen Naval is looking for a Technical Subcontract Manager who can start on a temporary basis. As Technical Subcontract Manager Outfitting, you will be at the forefront of guiding and coordinating technical activities related to outfitting systems, from procurement and engineering to installation in our new ship designs. Your responsibilities will extend to ensuring the desired quality and timely delivery of subcontracted work packages during the execution of large-scale projects.
As a Technical Subcontract Manager Outfitting your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing outfitting-related suppliers and subcontractors, covering areas such as accommodation, lining and ceiling, deck covering, insulation, furniture, doors, and hatches.
- Supporting the Outfitting engineering group by consistently delivering high-quality engineering products within specified timeframes.
- Securing the execution and synchronization of project activities related to all subcontractor deliverables and obligations.
- Coordinating and facilitating subcontractors and suppliers' contributions to the project(s) during preparation and execution.
- Taking ownership of assigned projects to drive targeted results in terms of schedule and quality.
- Ensuring full compliance with all relevant requirements and specifications, both from the company and the customer.
- Organizing and participating in project reviews.
- Participating in contractual milestones, tests, and trials (FAT, HAT, and SAT) as an accepting party.
- Assisting the warranty authority in addressing identified warranty issues.
As a Technical Subcontract Manager Outfitting, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering or related discipline combined with a minimum of five years of hands-on experience with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, and project managers in shipbuilding or related industries.
- Extensive engineering experience and a broad knowledge of outfitting systems, ideally gained in ship or offshore installations.
- Project management skills and practical experience in manufacturing and subcontract management of complex systems.
- Proficiency in engineering concepts and a track record in large project environments on Class-regulated products.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal English; knowledge of the German language is a significant plus.
- Competencies: customer orientation, result and quality orientation, teamwork, behavioural flexibility, leadership, coaching, planning, and organizing, management control, decisiveness, oral communication, and initiative.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1