Technical Subcontract Manager Outfitting (Project ...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Join Damen Naval the pioneer in the naval industry and play a key role in our innovative shipbuilding projects. We are seeking a seasoned Technical Subcontract Manager with expertise in outfitting systems to oversee and coordinate technical activities in our new ship designs. If you have a strong background in shipbuilding or related industries and are ready to drive excellence in large projects, we want to hear from you!
As Technical Subcontract Manager Outfitting (Project Based), you will be at the forefront of guiding and coordinating technical activities related to outfitting systems, from procurement and engineering to installation in our new ship designs. Your responsibilities will extend to ensuring the desired quality and timely delivery of subcontracted work packages during the execution of large-scale projects.
As Technical Subcontract Manager Outfitting (Project Based) at Damen Naval your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing outfitting-related suppliers and subcontractors, covering areas such as accommodation, lining and ceiling, deck covering, insulation, furniture, doors, and hatches.
- Supporting the Outfitting engineering group by consistently delivering high-quality engineering products within specified timeframes.
- Securing the execution and synchronization of project activities related to all subcontractor deliverables and obligations.
- Coordinating and facilitating subcontractors and suppliers' contributions to the project(s) during preparation and execution.
- Taking ownership of assigned projects to drive targeted results in terms of schedule and quality.
- Ensuring full compliance with all relevant requirements and specifications, both from the company and the customer.
- Organizing and participating in project reviews.
- Participating in contractual milestones, tests, and trials (FAT, HAT, and SAT) as an accepting party.
- Assisting the warranty authority in addressing identified warranty issues.
To excel as Technical Subcontract Manager Outfitting (Project Based) at Damen Naval, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering or related discipline combined with a minimum of five years of hands-on experience with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, and project managers in shipbuilding or related industries.
- Extensive engineering experience and a broad knowledge of outfitting systems, ideally gained in ship or offshore installations.
- Project management skills and practical experience in manufacturing and subcontract management of complex systems.
- Proficiency in engineering concepts and a track record in large project environments on Class-regulated products.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal English; knowledge of the German language is a significant plus.
- Competencies: customer orientation, result and quality orientation, teamwork, behavioural flexibility, leadership, coaching, planning, and organizing, management control, decisiveness, oral communication, and initiative.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Working from home policy and other benefits.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Subcontract Manager Outfitting (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1